No task manager after uninstalling process hacker 2.

First unread post7 postsPage 1 of 1

No task manager after uninstalling process hacker 2.

Unread postby grimreaper1014 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 am

How do I get the Windows task manager back after uninstalling Process Hacker 2? After uninstalling it I tried to use Ctrl,ALT,DEL then click task manager and nothing comes up. What can I do to correct this? Thanks in advance.
grimreaper1014 offline

Re: No task manager after uninstalling process hacker 2.

Unread postby dmex » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 am

grimreaper1014 wrote:How do I get the Windows task manager back after uninstalling Process Hacker 2? After uninstalling it I tried to use Ctrl,ALT,DEL then click task manager and nothing comes up. What can I do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Hi Grim,

Just delete the following registry key (aka directory) ;)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\taskmgr.exe

dmex
dmex offline

Unread postby grimreaper1014 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks a lot I will give it a try. ;)
grimreaper1014 offline

Unread postby grimreaper1014 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm

I went to the fallowing key, but there is no taskmgr.exe. I used Comodo program manager to remove it. It did a complete uninstall, and even removed the registry files. The end result is no task manger. Anything else I could try? Thanks again for your help.
grimreaper1014 offline

Unread postby wj32 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 pm

grimreaper1014 wrote:I went to the fallowing key, but there is no taskmgr.exe. I used Comodo program manager to remove it. It did a complete uninstall, and even removed the registry files. The end result is no task manger. Anything else I could try? Thanks again for your help.

You used an unsupported uninstallation method, and so we have no way of knowing what state your computer is in. Either provide a screenshot of the registry key (Image File Execution Options) or run the PH installer again, then uninstall.
wj32 offline

Unread postby Vincent » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:51 pm

dmex wrote:
grimreaper1014 wrote:How do I get the Windows task manager back after uninstalling Process Hacker 2? After uninstalling it I tried to use Ctrl,ALT,DEL then click task manager and nothing comes up. What can I do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Hi Grim,

Just delete the following registry key (aka directory) ;)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\taskmgr.exe

dmex
My situation is slightly different. I got a question at installation of PH2 to replace taskmgr.exe as the default taskmanager. That was alright for a while but then I wanted my taskmgr.exe back as the default. I had to remove this registry key as well. Problem solved, but wouldn't it be nice if PH2 could do this for me? Or is this option already present?
Vincent offline

Unread postby dmex » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Vincent wrote:is this option already present?

Yes, untick "Replace Task Manager with Process Hacker" found on the advanced tab in settings ;)
dmex offline

First unread post7 postsPage 1 of 1