Small UI design things

First unread post4 postsPage 1 of 1

Small UI design things

Unread postby LonelyPixel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi,

Just two small UI design issues:

Could the main tab headers and the search textbox have the same default system UI font as the menu and toolbar? I have configured it for the tab contents (9pt Segoe UI), but it's not possible for other areas. It still looks much like 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif, Windows XP's default UI font. (And this is Windows 7 here.)

And I think it might be practical to have a Clear Search button in the search textbox to quickly get rid of any search terms that are still left from earlier times. Such a clear button is used elsewhere, so why not also here. Right now I have no concrete suggestion about the icon to be used here though.
LonelyPixel offline

Re: Small UI design things

Unread postby LonelyPixel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Oh, here's another font thing, while we're at it. After some time, the font of the search textbox seems to be lost and Windows renders it with the system font (which is not the UI font, or, well, the UI font of Windows 3.1). A screenshot is attached.
Attachments
ProcessHackerFontIssue.png
LonelyPixel offline

Unread postby dmex » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 am

LonelyPixel wrote:And I think it might be practical to have a Clear Search button in the search textbox to quickly get rid of any search terms that are still left from earlier times. Such a clear button is used elsewhere, so why not also here. Right now I have no concrete suggestion about the icon to be used here though.

It would have a search button if adding controls to a rebar control was standardized - if I figure out how to go about adding the separate controls then I'll be adding it ;)

LonelyPixel wrote:Could the main tab headers and the search textbox have the same default system UI font as the menu and toolbar? I have configured it for the tab contents (9pt Segoe UI), but it's not possible for other areas. It still looks much like 8pt Microsoft Sans Serif, Windows XP's default UI font. (And this is Windows 7 here.)

Oh, here's another font thing, while we're at it. After some time, the font of the search textbox seems to be lost and Windows renders it with the system font (which is not the UI font, or, well, the UI font of Windows 3.1). A screenshot is attached.

The Searchbox originally used the font specified in the settings - however that caused the font to be lost since the handle is disposed fairly often.

There's a patch here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=737
dmex offline

Unread postby LonelyPixel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:21 pm

I think you may have misunderstood my first point. I don't mean a (clear?) "Search" button (presumably to start the search), I like the find-as-you-type behaviour as it is. I mean a "Clear Search" button to clear the search box and remove the search filter immediately. A separate button would also be fine for now, if it was just there. :-)
LonelyPixel offline

First unread post4 postsPage 1 of 1